Monday, October 1, 2012

Baby Blessing

I have a TON of things I've been meaning to post about and just can't seem to find the time.  I don't really understand it because I am home ALL day.  My goal this week is to get caught up on documenting the last few months of our lives.  We have been LOVING having Tyler in our home.  He is such a wonderful little baby.  I remember a few years ago when Bryson was a baby I wrote a post about how I'm not one of those Mom's who loves the baby stage.  At the time, I wasn't.  But something has changed this time around!  I can't get enough of this little 10 lbs bundle.  It's not as hard as it used to be to get up with him at night.  Either he's a good baby, or I'm getting better at this, because I am thoroughly enjoying my newborn.  
About a month ago we had little Tyler's baby blessing.  We were lucky to have lots of family come for it, and I got to use my house to it's full potential for the first time.  There were almost 30 people there and everyone fit!  Love my house.  Anyway, of course, since this is our third child, we took almost no pictures of the event.  These are a few Brandon got before we headed to church.  Please ignore how tired and old I look.  I felt tired and old.

Love the little tuxedo.

A quick update on Tyler's heart.  We have had two checkups since we brought him home and things look really good.  The right side of his heart is now functioning normally, and the left side is "very close to normal"!  He is now on one medication instead of two which was nice since he was having quite a bit of tummy issues before we took him off.  He still pretty gassy, but nothing close to what is was when he was on the other medication.  We are still hopeful that the left side will continue to improve and his entire heart will be functioning in normal ranges.  We are so blessed to have such a healthy little boy!  Every appointment we are still terrified that things could get worse, but I think that over time, if things remain stable we will be able to stop worrying so much.  There is something about having the possibility of your child losing his health that makes all the lost sleep worth it.

1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

What are you talking about? You look gorgeous on Tyler's blessing day! I love your hair. It is super cute. And little Tyler is so so cute. AND, that is a LOT of snow already. Holy Smokes!