Sunday, July 27, 2008

Dodge/Softball

Who ever came up with the name "softball" has never been hit by one right off the bat of the team slugger. THis weekend we played in a softball tournament and had a lot of fun. I hit a double and set myself up for the big hitter to get me home. Instead, he stepped up to the plate and hit a line drive that was about waist high--or so it appeared. I waited for make my "dodge" until the last second to see where it was coming but I waited a second too long and got drilled in the ankle. Luckily the other team didn't know that I should of been called out and I hobbled home while the fielders sort of wondered what to do. Maybe they just let me run home out of charity. Either way, I got a nice shiner that I am hoping will be miraculously healed by the time we go to the cabin this weekend. If you look closely, you can see the lace marks from the ball.





In other news, Luke learned to roll over this week. I know the roll-over thing is not a huge milestone in the grand scheme of things, but it was big enough for Candice to call me at work in ecstasy to tell me the news. I mostly think its is cute to see him comfortable on his tummy.

4 comments:

houseofhud said...

Nice shiner! That's funny how it made your whole ankle swell up. That probably won't feel too great in a waterski boot!!!

Bjorn & Kris said...

oh my goodness, what a cutie. where can i get some of those big blue eyese?

Susie said...

ouch! I love that Candice called you at work, I try to keep Ryan up to date on Sadies progress too he he.
p.s my sister Lindsay's husband just had an ankle injury too she posted the ugly foot on her blog too

Scott said...

Luke's not fooling me with that innocent wide-eyed look. He looks ready to pounce at any moment. Such a cute picture.

Beauty of an ecchymosis (stupid medical term for bruise) brother. I can't believe it actually left lace marks. Way to finish the play.