Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Great Chair Jump

What a perfect week at the lake.  Every morning we woke up with the sun (and baby Luke) to behold mirror-like water and warm air.  The skiing was awesome, the company was great and leaving was almost unbearable.


One of the more memorable activities was the Great Chair Jump.  I rounded up some deck chairs and every kid in the neighborhood to se who could jump over the most chairs.  I didn't think I would have many takers but there were some pretty impressive chair jumpers.  Each time we cleared the stack we added another chair.
The stack got pretty high and the dock got slippery (we only had one casualty).  Everytime another chair was added I thought, there is no way I'll clear this one.  But, to my delight, we ran out of chairs when the stack got to 19 and I still made it over without knocking them into the water.   My technique was less than text-book but it doesn't matter how you get over.





2 comments:

houseofhud said...

I was a perfect week wasn't it?!? Love the new special talent of chair jumping. I love how the whole neighborhood congregated to join in the fun!

Lynne said...

Hi Brandon and family! It's Lynne Whitaker...I saw your blog link on Kristin's page. This post seriously made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of that video you put together of all your antics including our Speedo commercial from marketing class. Hilarious!