It's been a crazy week for us. I took Luke in last week to get the second half of his flu shot and he got SO sick over the weekend. Curse the flu shot! I have never worried about getting a flu shot before, but last year while I was pregnant with Luke I got the flu REALLY bad, so I decided we'd all get one this year. But I think Luke was just as sick as he would have been if he had caught it on his own. I talked to a nurse on the phone and she said, "Well, he didn't get it from the shot, because they give him a dead virus" Ya? Tell that to my son who can't breath. Anyway. I don't think we'll be getting flu shots next year.
On the up side, from the first night he was sick, he slept through the night. I guess his body was so worn out that he slept really well! So, even though he felt horrible, I felt great! I also have to admit I did enjoy all the cuddle time I got over the weekend too.
Here's one of Luke's favourite tricks. He thinks he's such a big boy when he stands on his own. I'm really worried he's going to walk before he crawls. He has zero interest in crawling and just wants to stand and walk all day long.
This picture is mostly for Grandma, she's been asking me for weeks to get a picture of Luke's tooth. I don't know if you can even see it all that well, but it's there.
This one, I just love. Look at those big blue eyes. He's just so stinkin' cute!
We went to Costco the other day to buy diapers and they were on sale! When we got home, Brandon put Luke in the box and took him into the hallway and gave him airplane rides back on forth. (Our apartment is not big enough for much of a ride, so he had to take it outside) Luke loved it. He thought it was pretty fun moving so fast. Sorry for the bad photography... I chopped off Brandon's head.
Brandon is done classes for this semester! But, now he's in full blown study mode for his finals. Luke and I are not allowed to talk to him, which is impossible, but we are trying not to distract him too much. I think that I'm actually going to go down to my Mom's a week early for Christmas this year so he can really focus on his exams. I can't believe we're almost to his last semester of school. I'm actually pretty sad. We love Edmonton. Brandon has had a really great schedule this semester and has been home a lot. It's been so nice to spend time together as a family. I think it's going to be really sad when he graduates and starts working regular hours. There are definitely pluses to being students.
4 comments:
Luke IS pretty stinkin' cute! He looks huge in that picture of him standing in brandon's hands. I'm with you on the flu shots. The same thing happened to me. I got the flu shot one time and I was so sick after. I don't think I'll get them again. Plus it stinks that babies have to get it in two shots.
I love that Luke is such a source of entertainment. What did we do before. Yes sometimes i still miss being students....sometimes. enjoy it!
The flu shots are terrible! I had it one of the years I worked in Remington's office and I have never been so sick in my life! Darcy had one a couple of years later and the same thing happened to him. We swore we would never get flu shots again!!
What a little stud you have there. And oh by the way, let's hope Arizona isn't wearing red jerseys at the bowl game -- Max Hall may be tempted to throw it their way. Have fun down there in Vegas, Brandon. See you next year in Tempe, right?!
Post a Comment