Well, Brandon is in the middle of finals right now. He's been studying very hard and I hope it pays off for him. This year his finals schedule has been a little bit more difficult than before. He had no tests the first week and then all of them right in a row the second week. He even has two test on the same day. That's going to be a long day for him, but it will sure be nice when it is over.
He has been studying at home, and since Luke and I were distracting him too much, we decided to come down to my Mom's early so he could focus. Luckily, we left the day before the huge snowstorm. It's been really nice to be home, it always is, but it's a little weird that I'm home and Christmas hasn't started yet. I guess we need everyone here to make is "feel" like Christmas. I've been helping my Mom do some baking and wrap some presents and it's been nice to have her to myself.
The really exciting thing about coming down here is how much Luke is learning. I've only been here 3 days and he is picking up new things right and left. It started the day we got here, he went straight for Grandma's stairs and crawled right up them, which is impressive since he can't crawl yet. We don't have stairs at our house so he thinks they are pretty fun. The next day, I went into his room to get him after his nap, and he was standing up holding on the railing! He does that after every nap now. This morning he was laying on his tummy and pulled himself up into the sitting position (another first), and then after church today he was playing in the basement and officially crawled for the first time. He only took two steps and then was back on his tummy, but still, he did it! I feel bad that Brandon is missing it all. I call him about 3 times a day to tell him what else Luke learned how to do.
It did make me a little sad today when he crawled... my little baby is growing up. sniff sniff. I'm excited for all of the fun times there are ahead, but I love this stage so much. Some days I just don't want time to pass. I don't want it to end.
Anyway, we are all really excited for Christmas, and Luke and I can't wait to see Brandon next week. Merry Christmas!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment