Well, it's time I get back to blogging. I haven't posted for a while so there are tons of pictures. We had a WONDERFUL Christmas, and we are really sad it's over. This year was the last time we will have two whole weeks of Christmas vacation. Next year it's going to be like to whole days. But I guess we have to grow up sometime.
Luke and I went down to my parents house in Barnwell early this year so that Brandon could study for his finals without being distracted. As you can see, Luke was trying to help Daddy study before we left. However, Brandon didn't seem to find him all that helpful. But cute nonetheless. I felt bad for Brandon though, Luke learned to crawl while we were down there and he missed it. He also got 3 new teeth that week. It's just amazing how fast they can change. 
We were really bad a taking pictures in Barnwell, but we took a lot of video. I will have to post some of it later. We got quite a few later at Grandma Gibb's house though. This picture was taken right after Luke opened his new train. He was pretty excited about it. I'm just excited we actually got a picture of him smiling.
Once we got it out of the box though he was all business. He took riding his train VERY seriously. He has since learned to walk behind it and loves to walk around our apartment. It's amazing how much more coordinated he gets everyday.
One of Luke's favourite things to do is brush his teeth. He also really like to sit in the sink, so he can see what's going on while I'm trying to get ready. This picture reminds me a lot of a picture of Brandon when he was young learning to shave with his Dad.
Another thing Luke loves to do is exercise. Everyday he does chin ups with his Dad. He does need a little help, but he lifts as much as he can on his own.
Just another great smiling shot of Luke on his beloved train.
The wonderful thing about Luke learning to crawl is he can get whatever he wants and doesn't have to whine until I figure out what it is. In my pots and pans drawer I have a bucket that I keep onions and garlic in. The other day he was playing in there while I was making dinner. I looked down and he gnawing on a piece of garlic. YUMMY! He had great breath after that. He got quite upset when I took it away!
Luke also likes to help out around the house whenever he can. Today while I was cleaning out the fridge he insisted on helping out. He's actually been trying to get into the fridge for a while now. Every time he sees the door open he makes a b line over to it. So far he hasn't been able to get there before I close it. But today he was in heaven. He played in there the whole time, so hopefully it's out of his system now. It's way more fun cleaning when you have such great help!
1 comment:
Those are some great pictures!!! They totally develop their own little personalities so young! Holidays are nice but isn't it good to be home and get back into a routine without interruptions?!?! (Or for your sake, cousins waking up Luke!!!)
Post a Comment