
May has been a crazy month and I've been meaning to update our blog for a few weeks now. At the end of April Brandon graduated from law school, and we packed up and moved out of our little condo. It was a good place to us and we are really glad that we had such a great place to live in for the last 3 years. The picture above is Luke helping out with the packing. His little world has been turned upside down in the last month. The picture below is one of the last ones we took at our place. I know... the view from our balcony is fantastic!
Right after Brandon's last test we left Luke with his Grandma Gibb and headed down to Utah for a little celebration getaway. It was our first time leaving Luke so it was a little tough, but he did pretty well from what Grandma says. While we were gone he got 3 knew teeth, so she could be just telling us that to make us feel better. Anyway, we stayed a few nights and Brandon's sister Sonya's house in Orem and had a fun time with her 4 kids. Utah is so beautiful and the whole time we were there we were wondering why we don't live there. It didn't help that we left Canada with snow on the ground still.
What is a trip to Utah without a stop at Krispy Kreme? We got some hats and had a little party with the Brimhalls. Next we headed down to Moab for about 4 days to do some mountain biking. It was SO much FUN! Anyone who has ever been there will know what I'm talking about. We had a great time down there and can't wait to go back one day.
The famous slickrock bike trail. I was a little nervous before we rode this because we heard that it is a pretty hard ride. And even though I did get off my bike and walk several times, it was still amazing. I didn't fall, although Brandon did have a few battle wounds. He actually ended up cutting his ankle pretty bad and got about 3 stitches. But, it I'm sure he would say it was well worth it.
Catching a breather at the top of one of our trails. Did I mention the weather was GORGEOUS in Moab. It was about 30 degrees everyday, without and clouds or wind all day long. We were in heaven.
One of the days we took a break from biking (our butts were pretty sore) and Brandon rented some 4-wheelers with one of his friends that met us there. They had a good time and he's still talking about it. I, of course, had a great time back at our condo taking a nap.
When we got back we spent a few more days with Brandon's parents. I decided it was time for Luke to get his first haircut. Not that he has a lot of hair, as you can see, but he had a little tuff in the back that was about 1 1/2 inches long that needed to go. He sat really still and was a really good boy.


One of the days we took a break from biking (our butts were pretty sore) and Brandon rented some 4-wheelers with one of his friends that met us there. They had a good time and he's still talking about it. I, of course, had a great time back at our condo taking a nap.
When we got back we spent a few more days with Brandon's parents. I decided it was time for Luke to get his first haircut. Not that he has a lot of hair, as you can see, but he had a little tuff in the back that was about 1 1/2 inches long that needed to go. He sat really still and was a really good boy.

Could he be and cuter?
Now we are back in Barnwell at my parents house for a few mores weeks. Brandon has started work and is really enjoying it. It's weird to think that we are finally settling down. We haven't lived in one place for more that eight months at a time since we got married, so it will be a little different for us.
Luke it growing up so fast now. He's 15 months and walking like crazy. He's starting to communicate with me which has been really nice. He waves bye bye and jabbers all day long in his little baby language. My favourite thing that he does right now is at bedtime. I feed him his bottle and then give him his soother and blanky and put him in his crib. He looks up at me with his big blue eyes and waves bye bye to me. When I wave back he smiles and rolls over and goes to sleep. It's SO cute. I wish I could get a video of it. I hope I remember the little things like that in 30 years when my kids are grown.
Luke it growing up so fast now. He's 15 months and walking like crazy. He's starting to communicate with me which has been really nice. He waves bye bye and jabbers all day long in his little baby language. My favourite thing that he does right now is at bedtime. I feed him his bottle and then give him his soother and blanky and put him in his crib. He looks up at me with his big blue eyes and waves bye bye to me. When I wave back he smiles and rolls over and goes to sleep. It's SO cute. I wish I could get a video of it. I hope I remember the little things like that in 30 years when my kids are grown.
5 comments:
I've been waiting for this post! WOW! Moab looks beautiful. That is Oh SO cute that Luke waves to you when he goes to bed. I guess you know he is ready for bed when he gives you the wave!
Sounds like a great vacation! We were in Utah last week and it is so green. I don't think I've ever seen it so green. We too were wondering why we don't live there?? Luke is such a cutie. I love that last picture of him!
Keep a journal for Luke of all those cute little things and then you won't forget them and he will love to read it when he gets older. My kids love their baby journals.
Looks like fun.. i have been to Moab too, its really cool. My brother lives close to there.
Cute hair cut pics.. that is always fun.
Candice,
This is your like what 3rd cousin Bridget Wilson Dansie. You better be calling me next time your in Utah! Haha. I'm so glad I found your blog to stalk. You're little boy is adorable!!
Post a Comment