We had the chance to stay at Grandma and Grandpa Gibb's house for a week while Brandon was taking his course in Calgary. We had so much fun and we LOVE their new house. And the weather was so nice that we got to spend a little bit of time outside in the sunshine. It was Luke's first time sleeping in a bed other than his "Queen bed" (McQueen). He didn't even seem to notice, so it was a relaxing week for me. There are so many benefits for a little boy to stay at his grandparents instead of at home.
1. You get to help Grandma shovel the driveway. I realize this won't seem fun in a few years, but for now it sure is when he gets to be everyone's little helper.
2. You get to eat juice and Nutella sandwiches for dinner. Grandma's don't have to worry about vitamins and minerals, and all that nutrition stuff. They just get to worry about putting smiles on their grandkids faces.
3. Potty training in luxury. Everyone knows that Grandpa makes the best popcorn, or as Luke calls it, Cop-U (don't know how his brain connects those to words). If you're going to have to potty train, might as well do it in style. He's watching Finding Nemo on our portable DVD player in this picture. Brilliant, right? Well, not really. Now what I have is a 2 year old that doesn't have a clue how to pee in the potty, but wants to sit on the potty all day and watch Nemo.
It would have been a perfect week if Luke hadn't gotten sick at the end of it. I kind of think he had croup because we were playing at friends house a few days earlier, and found out later her little boy had it. He was pretty sick and we've had a few sleepless nights since we got back, but the worst is over now. I'm just REALLY glad it happened before the baby came. Speaking of new baby - 4 WEEKS to go! It's coming so fast all of a sudden. If I were to have this baby as early as I had Luke, it would come today! That thought really makes me realize I need to be ready, because it could happen at anytime. We'll see!
3 comments:
I can't believe you are due in 4 WEEKS!! That is crazy - I keep thinking that my 7 weeks are going to fly by, but you really could go anytime! So exciting. Hope everything goes well!!
p.s. I LOVE that Luke is sitting on the potty with popcorn and a movie. So funny.
Wow...only 4 weeks! Now you get to really know what it's like to be pregnant!!!! Kidding...enjoy that last 4 weeks while you can. Then life just keeps getting more and more chaotic!!!
It wasn't just juice and Nutella sandwiches it was "bop" (pop). He knows what the good stuff is!
Post a Comment