Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Last night?

Well, by the time I wake up tomorrow I will be 9 days overdue. I never thought I would go this long. This baby is just way too comfortable in there I guess. Every night for the last 2 weeks I've said to Brandon, "This could be my last night of sleep. I better enjoy it". Well, I've been enjoying more nights than I wanted to. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow where I'm sure he'll want to me to be induced, which I will be more than happy and ready to do. So, tonight feels like it really might be my last night of sleep.
I'm ready for the change and I can't wait to our new little one, but I have a million things going through my mind right now. Will I be able to manage a newborn again? Am I capable of loving TWO kids as much as I love ONE? Will Luke love his new little brother or sister? Will he be able to handle losing some of his Mommy's attention? Will he know I still love him? Will I still have time for giggles and snuggles and hugs and kisses? Change is good, and I know two kids will be twice as wonderful, but for tonight, I can hardly resist the temptation to go climb into bed with Luke and hold him in my arms. These last two years have been a dream come true and I wish the pitter patter of little feet across my kitchen floor could last forever.

4 comments:

The Coopers said...

aww that was so cute.
and yes you'll be able to love both of them the same and yes Luke will adjust just find.. and i could go on and on .. Life with two is great, challenging but so worth it. You will do great!

Good luck, look forward to seeing you soon and that baby!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet message. It made my eyes water as I thought of my little guys, and how their "littleness" is quickly disappearing. Hang in there! Not too much longer, I'm sure.

Crossing our fingers for ya!

Jenna said...

Good luck! Excited to hear what you have! You are a great mom, it's just obvious! You will do awesome with 2!

houseofhud said...

You will be amazing with 2 kids. GOOD LUCK...If you haven't already been induced!!!