Sunday, March 28, 2010

Don't count your chickens...

Well, on my last post I thought for sure we would be coming home the next day with a newborn. But here we are 4 days later, and still no baby. The doctor was not able to induce me, so after a day getting tests done at the hospital on Friday, we decided to at least wait through the weekend to see if anything happened. And here we are, Sunday afternoon and still no baby, with no sign that our little one is anywhere close to making it's debut. Tomorrow morning we are meeting our doctor at the hospital to see if I can be induced, and if not, I'll probably be having another c-section. So, tomorrow is a REALLY big day for us. I woke up this morning so excited and today just can't seem to go fast enough. I can't wait to meet our new little baby! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!
I think that I hold some sort of record for having a baby the earliest and latest in one family. Luke was 4 1/2 weeks early, and this one will be 2 weeks late. As of yesterday, I've officially been pregnant 6 weeks longer than I was with Luke. It's payback for having is so easy the first time around.
The craziest part is the my sis-in-law in St. George has a scheduled induction tomorrow too, so there is a really good chance we are going to have our babies on the same day!! We never thought that would happen when our due dates were a week and half apart. But, kids have their own plans and we just have to adjust to their schedules.

1 comment:

The Coopers said...

wow.. you poor girl. That really sucks, hopefully things will go good tomorrow.. and 6 weeks longer than Luke that a HUGE difference

Good luck!