Sunday, April 4, 2010

Bryson Michael Gibb


Well, after a LONG wait, little Bryson finally decided to join the family on March 29th, 13 days after his due date. He weighed in at a whopping 8lbs 1 oz, and I'm loving having a baby that I don't feel is so fragile. He was born a month and a half older than Luke was when he was born, and I can definitely tell a difference.
Here's our first family shot. I'm a bit disappointed that I had to have another c-section, but I have another healthy boy so I guess it doesn't matter how he got here. C-sections are quite easy actually. It's just after that you pay for it.
And here is a close up of our handsome little man. He looks so much like Luke to me. There are so many times throughout the day when I look at him and have to remind myself it's not Luke. There are some major differences though. Bryson has more hair as a newborn than Luke does as a 2 year old. I think Bryson's neck is thicker than Luke's too. It will be fun to see how much they end up looking alike as he grows. We are so excited to have two boys to grow up playing together.
And our first shot as an entire family. Luke stayed still for about 10 seconds while we tried to get a picture. He was not interested in me, the baby, or anything in the entire room actually. He wanted out so he could run up and down the hallway. Needless to say, that visit didn't last very long. However, he has warmed up to Bryson since we've been home and loves to help out wherever he can. Yesterday, Bryson was crying while I was in the shower, so Luke decided to help his Daddy out. He ran to the kitchen and got his cup that was still full of milk from lunch and brought it into the living room for "baby Byson". He then proceeded to spill it all over our rug, but it was so cute, it was worth the mess.

8 comments:

houseofhud said...

Yay! I've been waiting for pictures. He definitely looks like Luke with a little more hair. Congrats you guys. We can't wait to see him.

The Coopers said...

Congrats, finally!! aww he is sure cute!

i love that you have 2 boys too, its so much fun.

It's funny hearing you say a whopping 8lbs 1 oz when my boys were BOTH 8lb 12oz, and Elias was a 1.5 weeks early.. haha

Can't wait to meet him.

Westonhome said...

Finally! We are so excited to meet little Bryson! We are so glad he is healthy and strong!

Ryan,Lish,Champ said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. I wanted to catch you in the hospital, but I was too late. I'll have to come meet little bryson one of these days

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!! Boys are so fun. It's so great to watch 2 little brothers grow together.
Glad to hear the delivery went well. Wishing you a speedy, healthy recovery!

Dane and Kwynne said...

Congratulations! I am so glad he finally got here, probably not as happy as you are. He's sure is adorable.

Unknown said...

Loved seeing little Bryson in pics-darling! Thanks for sharing.

Sh'Nell said...

Congratulations! He is a handsome little boy. I was thinking the same thing The Coopers said. I'd love to have another 8 pounder, after Macy being almost 10.