We had a few days in Calgary before we left, so we spent the day at Heritage Park with my sister (who seems to have an endless supply of guest passes). I had a good time being outside in the sunshine, but I think Luke had somewhat less of positive experience. The very first ride we decided to try with him was the car ride. Everything was going fine until the thing started MOVING and Luke was NOT impressed, as you can see from the picture. They actually stopped the ride for us and let us get off early since he was so worked up about it. He did end up with a coupon for a free ice cream cone though, so at least something good came out of the experience.
Once I got him to start calming down he started rubbing his eyes, and the combination of wet tears and freshly applied sunscreen were not very kind to him. He smeared suncreen into his eye and spent the rest of the afternoon whining, rubbing his eye and wanting to be carried.
Finally we decided to cut our losses, get the kids some ice cream and head home. I L-O-V-E this picture. I told Becca to smile for the camera and this is what she came up with. I'm thinking this one needs to be in a wedding video one day. I particularly enjoy all of her band-aids. I'm betting my sister won't be buying princess band-aids anymore.
And my post wouldn't be complete without a picture of this handsome little man. Bryson was a pretty happy camper the whole week. It's so fun now that he is starting to get more control over his body and interact more. I'm pretty much wrapped around his little finger.
1 comment:
Bryson is oh so adorable in that picture! I love your kids to bits!
Post a Comment