Friday, March 25, 2011

You know you live in Canada when...

Well, we had a WONDERFUL time in Arizona. Seriously, the weather was awesome, 30 degrees almost everyday we were there. We were told that was abnormally warm weather for this time of year, so we feel very lucky. Brandon had a lot of fun at the basketball tournament and I had a lot of fun shopping.
A funny thing happened while we were down there though. On Saturday before we came home we spent the morning and a bit of the afternoon down be the pool. Since it was out last chance to catch some rays and a suntan, we made a no sunscreen rule. Because we all know that red is better than white. Well, after getting sufficiently fried (and we all looked like tomatoes) we came inside and got ready for the rest of the activities we had going on that day. As the day went on and my sunburn started setting in, I noticed something odd. I had a crispy red sunburn all the way up to my neck, and not even a hint of a burn on my face. Weird, I never put sunscreen on my face - I did put face cream on it that morning though. So I checked the label on my face cream. Yup - SPF 18. I have been using that same cream for over a YEAR and never knew it had sunscreen in it. That's how you know you live in Canada. When you don't even know you are wearing suncreen because you never get enough sun to show it.

Anyway, it was so refreshing to get away for a few days and have some me time. THANK YOU to my Mom and sister for watching our kids for us. It was very much needed.
And here is what we did the day we got back. Welcome back to Canada!




2 comments:

houseofhud said...

That is a great looking snowman. you just need to put a curly wig on it and name him Jimmer!

The Coopers said...

haha i hear ya. It's never ending here, and nothing back from the heat to this weather eh?
Glad you got to get away and had a good time, i can't wait, only 3 more weeks!!