On Wednesday, April 27th, Brandon's Grandmother passed away. When I got married there were a lot of wonderful things that were added to my life, but one thing I didn't expect to gain was another Grandma. I don't say that lightly either. From the day that I joined the family this woman treated me like I was her own flesh and blood. I wasn't her grandson's wife, I was HER granddaughter. Every time she looked at me I saw something in her eyes. I saw it when she looked at my husband and I saw it when she looked at my kids. It was pure and unconditional LOVE and PRIDE. She was an eternal optimist and seemed to take whatever life threw at her with a smile on her face. Every time I left her house I left with a deep warmth in my heart and an appreciation for her goodness. If I can be half as wonderful as this woman than I know I will have lived a good life. I will miss her dearly and am so grateful for the time I had with her. I LOVE this woman and she was mine. MY Grandmother. Then, a few days later, my heart was filled again. My brother had his first boy (after 3 girls). I can't tell you how much I love this little man and I haven't even met him yet. It's the kind of joy where you think your chest might burst open from all the feelings it's holding inside. If only he knew how much rejoicing was going on in his behalf. Literally, whenever someone heard the news the CHEERED! What better way to come in to the world than to have people jumping for joy at your birth?
So it's been an interesting week to see the circle of life so clearly. Elder Nelson said in this last general conference, "We live to die, and we die to live again." How wonderful it is that we have families waiting to see us on both sides. Our families waiting for their turn on earth, and those waiting for us to finish ours. Today my heart is filled with gratitude. I am rich in the things that matter most.

1 comment:
Well said, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment