Well, we finally decided after years of reading other people blogs it was time to start our own. I guess we never felt like we had anything exciting enough to talk about until Luke was added to the family. Now he's all we want to talk about.
Luke Brandon Gibb was born on February 29th, 2008. He was about 5 weeks early, so he was a little bit of a shock, but we will take him early if that means he's healthy! He was originally due on April 1st, which we though was pretty cool... to have a birthday on April Fools Day, but apparently that wasn't good enough for Luke. He wanted to come on Feb. 29 during the leap year! Brandon is really excited because we found out that Superman was supposedly born on February 29th... what little boy wouldn't think it's cool to share a birthday with Superman?
He was born at 5 lbs and 1/2 oz, and spent 3 days in the NICU before coming home. He's been working hard to get bigger and stronger since then. He is now 3 1/2 weeks old and we took him to get weighed today... 6 lbs and 3 oz. So, he really can't be considered preemie any more. He's even grown out of one of his preemie outfits already. So, I guess this stage really won't last that long!
3 comments:
He's so cute. I'm glad you started a blog!
yeah I love that you have a blog. Luke is adorable & I love seeing pics of him
So sweet, I'm glad he's getting bigger...and fast! I'm glad you have a blog too, it's so easy to keep in touch and up to date with friends and family.
Post a Comment