Maybe this will come across as a overly public way to wish my wife a happy first mother's day, but I can asure any readers, that the intent is not to tell the world what a softy husband I am. In fact, I have resorted to wishing Candice a Happy Mother's Day on the world wide web primarily because I lacked the foresight to plan something ahead of time that I could execute when I was not with her. Now it is the wee hours of the morning and I am scrambling to do something before she dutifully wakes up to feed Luke like she does several times every night of the week.
So, even though I make claims that Luke is very advanced for his age, he can't talk yet. In reality, he is still way behind his peers in all the possible ways to measure an infant's progress--weight. He is 2 and a half months old and just barely tipping the scale past nine pounds while most babies are born heavier than that. Anyway, if he was advanced enough to talk or use sign language or make his own cute little card with his hand print on it, I think I know what his message would be..."Mom, I couldn't do it without you." Let the record show and be known to the entire inter-web, Luke loves his mom.
p.s. We blessed Luke last week which is important in and of itself, but what was monumental was how handsome he looked in his tuxedo. Probably way overdressed for a sacrament meeting, but we all know babies don’t get dressed up to show off themselves…they get dressed up nice because they love their moms and want to make them proud.
2 comments:
Hope Candice had a happy 1st mother's day. Also, Luke did look very handsome on his blessing day! I'm surprized he didn't spit up or poop on the tuxedo and wore it most the day!
I'm trying to find my CD of pictures of Cody when he was Luke's size to show you how much they look alike. His eyes are big like Cody's were...and look how cute Cody's eyes are now!!!!
Luke looks so handsome in his tuxedo! I'm glad that outfit has got so much use because I know how many hours my mother in law slaved away to make it.
Post a Comment