I have always been frustrated by walking as a form of transportation--especially walking slowly. If you have to walk, you may as well walk fast. By why would you walk when you can run. In fact, why would you walk when you can ride a bike. My general philosophy is that if there is a quicker, more efficient way to do something like getting from A to B, any person in their right mind should want to do it the efficient way. Well, as far as I can discern, Luke has already grasped this philosophy. He has passed the point of wanting to get around. He has tried crawling but the excessive wiggling and kicking his legs just does not get him where he wants to go fast enough. Sure, he can inch his way to they toy he wants, but it is so inefficient. So, if there is a more efficient way to do it, why not? That is why he is taking up walking before he figures out crawling. He still needs plenty of assistance, and his steps are still a little bit "prancy" (probably due to all the hours in the jolly jumper) but I'd say he is getting the concept figured out quite nicely.
6 years ago
2 comments:
Oh no, your going to be in trouble now, watch out!!
Actaully its pretty nice when they start walking.. man time flies eh??
I would take walking over crawling. I'm not a bit fan of the crawling stage. Crawling can be a pain, and not to mention hard on their clothes!
BTW...it is funny you mentioned something about Mortimer on my blog as I was just saying something to the kids that day about Mortimer BEFORE I read your comment.
I'll try and have the kids call you one night this week.
Post a Comment