Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One crazy week!

Brandon, Luke and I went down to Barnwell last week to watch my brother's kids while they went to Cuba.  Brandon had the whole week off school so it was nice to get away for a bit.  And, it was actually a pretty fun week.  My brothers kids are really cute, and just at that 3-4 year old stage where they say and do the funniest things.  Luke did well too, even though we all came down with colds.  He slept through the night almost every night so I felt great.  Luke LOVED all the stairs at their house, and at first we had to watch him like a hawk because he hadn't learned how to go down them yet.  But by the end of the week he was going up and down all day long.  It's so fun to watch him learn something new.
While we were down there we went and looked at some homes in Taber.  We really didn't see anything that we liked though.  We were looking for something that would fit our family for the next 5 years or so, but a home like that was a little out of our price range.  So, back to the drawing board.  We are thinking of building in Barnwell now.  If we wait a year Brandon will done articling and we will actually have an income and should be able to build a decent home.   We'll see, but that's sort of the direction we are headed right now.  Another 7 weeks or so and we are done Law School!  I'm really excited for it to be over.
Luke turns ONE this week.  I can't believe it.  It's gone too fast.  I'm having trouble deciding what kind of cake to make him.  I've been waiting a long time to finally have kids to make cakes for, and now that it's finally here, I'm having trouble picking just one!  
I don't have any pictures for this post, but will definitely take a bunch on Luke's birthday.  

4 comments:

houseofhud said...

I'm so jealous that you will be able to build a big beautiful home!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUKE!!! I can't believe that our babies are getting so old! Time to start thinking about #2?!?!?! Kidding...take your time and enjoy them while you can!

BTW...I wouldn't say that Seattle was warmer temperatures. It was still chilly but the humidity makes it chillier. AND, the shopping could have been better if the dollar was better!!!!

Ryan,Lish,Champ said...

Ok..i'm totally bummed! I was staying at my parents house last week while they were in Louisana...! We were neighbors all stinkin week and didn't know it! haha...oh well we couldn't have done anything anyways cause Pax had croup!dang...I know what you mean about the cake i've been thinking about it all ready and pax is only 9 months! haha So fun!
WEll good luck finding a house, or building...it's always so fun to move into a new house!

The Coopers said...

Wow that does seem crazy that Luke will be 1 soon.. I made a dinosaur cake for elias 1st b day and then a race car track cake for his 2nd.. they are both posted on my blog somewhere.. but it was alot of fun and really easy.. good luck!
I cant believe you might be thinking of moving to Barnwell.. haha well its a good place to raise kids anyways!

jeffandkim said...

Doesn't the first year go by in a blink! Seriously Sydney just turned one last week...and Christian is turning 3 next week! Aghhh. In 4 years I got married and had 2 kids - hello! That'll be fun to build a house. oh and the cake thing...Thomas the Tank Engine for sure - ha ha. JK. I like to do whatever they are MOST "in" to. Then when you look back at the pictures you'll remember they LOVED trains, or Diego, etc. Although he might be too young...whatever the funnest part is watching them eat the cake! Have fun!!!