Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Fun


Well, we've been having a real fun summer so far.  Luke loves playing outdoors and exploring new things.  The other night right before bedtime Grandpa pulled out the lawnmower.  I thought it would be cute to let him ride with him for a minute and take a few pictures before carrying him off to bed.  Well, I couldn't peel him off that lawnmower after that.  So, he got to stay up an hour late and mow the lawn with Grandpa.  Luckily Grandpa had some extra ear protection for him to wear.
It's been pretty hot lately, and I've been filling up a little kiddie pool for Luke to play in everyday.  He loves to play in it, but once he's done, he doesn't like having wet clothes.  So, the other day instead of going inside to get him dry clothes I just let him play without his shirt on.  He thought that was pretty fun.
He has to wear this hat everytime he's out in the sun.  This is the only one I have with a strap so that he can't take it off.  I just can't bring myself to rub sunscreen through his hair.  If he actually had enough that it blocked a little sun it wouldn't be so bad, but when you only have about 4 hairs on your entire head, you're likely going to get a sunburn.
Luke had a really exciting day yesterday.  He learned 3 new things.  We were over at his cousins house and he watched them climb up the ladder on their bunk bed a few times.  Once he figured out how they did it he went over and climbed up to the top.  He was so proud of himself and grinned from ear to ear once he got to the top.
Later that day we made a trip out to the farm and Grandpa saddled up the horse and gave him a ride.  There are some pictures on my brothers camera that I will post when I get them.   He wasn't scared one bit and loved to pet his nose. 
Then, his Uncle Benson pulled out his dirtbike and gave Luke a little ride around the yard.  He sure thought that was fun.  He had a pretty fun day and went to bed REALLY good that night.  It sure is fun being a little boy.

4 comments:

Westonhome said...

I can't believe you let him stay up an hour past his bedtime. What a terrible mom you are! (hahaha) It's summer time they are allowed to stay up later. That is the rules!

Thomas Family said...

These pictures are SO adorable. I especially love the one with Grandpa on the lawn mower with the HUGE ear protection. :)

Mom Porter said...

Darling pictures Candice! Grandpa had as much fun as Luke!!!!

houseofhud said...

As long as he is driving something, riding something, and exploring he is one happy kid!