Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Luke's a BIG boy!


Since Luke is my first child I don't really have another one to compare him to, but I'm pretty sure that he is extremely independent and stubborn.  He wants to do everything himself, which is nice sometimes, and not so nice others.  He has not let me feed him since the day he learned to hold a spoon.  In addition, he won't let my put a bib anywhere close to his neck.  So, yes, most if his clothes have stains.  Also, he will NOT hold my hand.  If we got for a walk he wants to walk by himself.  It's really sad.  And don't even think about trying to get him to sit in the stroller, he wants to push it.   One thing is for sure thought, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.  He is just like his Dad.  Everyday when Brandon gets home from work Luke wants him to let him drive his car up and down the alley.  He's even learned how to honk the horn and shift the gears.
But, truly, he is getting more and more fun everyday.  I know I've been saying that since the day he was born, but it's really true!  He understands me when I talk to him and he's starting to say words himself.  His favourite word... Ball.  That kid can spot a ball from a mile away.  But he's also learning to say "need more" (as in food) and "Grandma" and "Grandpa".   What other words do you need to know, really?

Luke's second love, next to driving... freezies. He can eat one faster than Brandon or I can.  The other day he got brain freeze from eating one so fast, which was really funny, but also really sad.  He didn't know what was going on.  He's sure having fun with his cousins this summer.
Here's a shot of him on top of Bear's Hump in Waterton.  Walking stick and all.  Man this little boy has me wrapped around his little finger.  

5 comments:

jeffandkim said...

Oh my gosh, that is so Sydney to a T! The food part is great (especially bc I am STILL feeding Christian!) But it's super annoying when you are trying to cross the street (holding their hand) or even just guide them in the direction you want them to go - but oh no - they have other agendas and Sydneys is always the opposite of where I want her to go - grrrrrr. BUT I'm totally in LOVE with her and I love the independent parts that make my life easier so - you win some you lose some eh?

Thomas Family said...

So funny, Wilson does a few of those too - not letting me hold his hand drives me crazy. Attena, LIz, and I saw your mom at superstore the other day and she said you were fixing up the farmhouse. SO exciting. (I'm a little jeolous) :) I hope you post pics of it all fixed up when you guys move in!

JenSwen said...

This kid is so cute, it kills me! I love the pacifier/walking stick juxtaposition on top of Bear's Hump.

Daniel said...

If his favorite word is "ball," you know this kid is bound for greatness. "Ball" better be my boys' favorite word--after "Mommy," of course :)B-randon, you are teaching him wisdom in his youth.

Darin said...

Brandon:

Looks like you guys had a great summer. I'm interested to see how Moab went for you? I love it there.
I have a few questions about law school here at the UofA. Email me when you have a minute. Enjoy Baldry-Sugden.

Darin