Sunday, September 6, 2009

New House

This first picture isn't of our new house.  I wish we had a piano.  This is just a cute picture of Luke playing the piano with Grandma.  He sure misses Grandma's house.  She has way better toys than we do.
Brandon's brother Justin and his wife Leah came down this weekend to do a little camping and watch the BYU game.  It was really fun to have company!  We had a campfire and cooked tin foil dinners and then they slept in a tent while we slept inside.  I know, we are big wimps.  If I'm going to go camping, it has to be somewhere very far away from the house where I don't have the option of going in to a nice comfortable bed when I wake up cold at 1:00 in the morning.  The temptation is too great for me.   Justin and Leah are troopers though.  They stayed out all night.  It was really fun to have them around this weekend.  And to top it all off, the cougars WON!  So, Brandon has been in an ultra good mood since then.  Luke was really into the game as well... so long as there were treats to eat.  I didn't even realize until after taking this picture that he was wearing RED socks! 

I've had a few people ask for pictures of the farmhouse.  Here they are.  It's turned out really cute and we are enjoying living here.  I'm sure there were a lot of people with some different mental images when we said we were moving into the farmhouse.  But, it's a great little place.  


I love the kitchen.  I know it's not huge, but it's much bigger than our kitchen in Edmonton.  I don't even have to stack my pots and pans on top of each other.  I can just place each one in the drawer in their own spot.  It's great!
Ignore the fly tape in this picture.  We learned very quickly that flies come along with living on a farm.  We're not complaining though.  The fly tape works great... as long as you can stand looking at it everyday.  It's better than having flies in your food.




5 comments:

Westonhome said...

Yeah your finally in your own house. Of course the first pic that you post is of the kitchen. After all, we all know it is the most important place in the house! We'll have to come down for a visit now!

Sh'Nell said...

That looks really nice Candice. I bet you love having your own place.

Astalos Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Astalos Family said...

Loved the Red Socks, They totally complete the outfit!!

Congrats on the new home!! very very cute!! Where is it at?

houseofhud said...

The house looks great! A little more roomy than the last. You won't want to leave for a while!!! We miss you guys.