Candice is very excited about sending our real Christmas cards this year and I will shamefully admit that I have not shared her enthusiasm. For those of you who still have limitless paper in a paperless world, I suppose you can look forward to a 2-D, still-photo greeting card with our warmest holiday salutations expressed by a fancy signature and some cute Gibb Family Christmas prose. However, snail mail still costs money and gathering addresses of everyone is a daunting task so I regret to inform you that even our closest friends and relatives might not have the pleasure hanging our photo on their refrigerator for a year--that does not mean we don't care about you, it just means we can't afford the rising price of nineteenth century friendship. So, instead of reaching out and warming your heart with a letter in your mail box, we have decided to express our fondest Christmas wishes to everyone who cares to receive them in the form of a get-up-and-make-you-feel-like-spreading-holiday-groove shout out. Merry Christmas Everyone! Tis' the Season to bust-a-move. (Make sure your volume is turned up)

Seriously, I don't even know who reads this blog these days, but for those of you who do, thanks for being interested in our lives. We are thankful for friends who make life Merry, whether we see you often or have not seen you since the interweb was invented. The fact that we can wish all of you a Merry Christmas without a single postage stamp is the truest kind of Christmas Miracle :)
6 comments:
Bahh Humbug...
I agree with you totally on the digital-type Christmas greetings. Who does not have the internet these days? I'll admit I won't keep your picture up on your fridge for a year either. My children's artwork takes up most of the space anyways! These dances make me laugh out loud every time!
Oh...and I still check your blog faithfully. I'll admit I don't update mine as often as I check others!
I'm bah humbugging it this year too - I'll have to put together a post for our blog and update it. I just haven't had the time or enthusiasm this year for Christmas cards. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas though. Only 12 more days (we are counting down til we get to come to Canada).
Funny that Brandon can't scrape together enough money to send out Christmas cards, but we have no problem justifying the new TV.
I think you are all bug humbug! Only because Darcy wrote our Christmas Newsletter this year (1st and probably last time in 16 years) I'll warn you now it is 4 pages long and I'm not kidding!
Tammy, what is bug humbug? I check all of your blogs almost every lunch time - I always get excited when a new post is made.
I've never sent family christmas cards out - so maybe I'll have to try it this year. But this way Brandon, I don't have to worry about feeling bad about throwing out a letter or a picture after it has been on the fridge.
Cute - but I have to admit I'm disappointed I don't get a card and a picture! I love to get Christmas cards in the mail!
Post a Comment