Monday, November 1, 2010

Woody and the Puppy

October has been a good month for us. We've enjoyed some really fabulous weather and had a chance to play outside a bit. We even found an evening where the wind wasn't blowing to get a family picture. My sister-in-law took these for us and I think they turned out pretty well considering none of us are professionals. She even got one of all of us smiling (minus Bryson). Thanks Christy! Luke wasn't super cooperative, and I had to be home in time to tutor, so we had to cut our session a bit short. I didn't get a good picture of the two boys together, but we'll try again next year.Look how old he looks here! I can't believe how close he is getting to 3. I'm going to miss these days with him. He really does bring a smile to my face every day.
And this little boy makes me smile just as much as his brother does. His latest is to pull himself up onto his knees and rock back and forth, then shoot himself across the floor into a faceplant. It's sad because it hurts, but really cute to watch. He's also starting to laugh, which really is the best sound in the world. Oh, also, he's started sleeping through the night!!! Hallelujah!

And halloween was fun this year. It was the first year that Luke really got the trick-or-treating concept. We took him to a total of five houses and then took him to the ward trunk-or-treat. He thought it was pretty great getting treats from everyone. Although, I think he's already forgotten that he has a big bucket of candy because he hasn't asked for any since.

It's hard to say who was more excited about his costume, him or me. Actually, it's not hard at all, I was definitely more excited. It's a bit ridiculous how proud I am of myself for making it for him (I fully realize I'm completely vain and need to take a lesson in humility, but I really can't help it). I made one for him last year and it turned out so bad that I was more embarrassed than anything, so I feel like I sort of made up for it this year.
I also made this adorable little puppy costume for Bryson. YA RIGHT. No, this one was borrowed from my lovely sister-in-law. But, he looks pretty stinkin' cute if you ask me.

5 comments:

Susie said...

CUTE family picture! I gotta admit I to am guilty of the pride in halloween costumes this year. It so exciting to see them put them on and it looks good. They both look awesome

houseofhud said...

Great Family pictures! You can see Luke's hair!!!! Great job on the costume...pretty impressed. They both look great!

Sh'Nell said...

Great family picture, Candice.

Justin Gibb said...

I am impressed with your sewing costume skills...Yeah rrright! I like the puppy costume even if you didn't make it. You have some handsome boys in your family.

Justin Gibb said...

I am impressed with your sewing costume skills...Yeah rrright! I like the puppy costume even if you didn't make it. You have some handsome boys in your family.