Monday, August 22, 2011

A bit of Heaven on Earth

We just got back from an AMAZING week out at the Shuswap and it was hard to leave and come home. The weather Gods were smiling down on us and it was gorgeous all week. They must have known that this was the onlyvacation Brandon was going to have this year and decided to be nice to him. I am posting tons of pictures but believe it or not, I did weed through most of them. So, here is a glimpse of how life at the cabin goes...

There were plenty of sea-doo rides and tube rides
Luke learned to trust someone else enough to jump off the dock as well as trust himself enough to swim alone.
Bryson learned to surf... no big deal.
I like the next three pictures because they show Luke's progress over the week. At first he wouldn't even get on this boogie board. But Brandon worked with him and eventually got him to do this:Which turned into this:And eventually this: I wish we had a better picture of him getting pulled behind the boat by himself. I had just let go here, but he got towed around all over the place without any help at all.

Bryson with his daily peach on the beach. I love being able to feed my kids outside. And then toss them in the lake to clean them of when they are done.Driving lessons.
A little time for reflection and self-contemplation. I'm pretty sure he's thinking about work.
And of course, the best part is playing with cousins.




Funny story with this last picture. Luke was playing in the water near the shore while a few of us were sitting on the dock reading. All of a sudden he says" I caught a minnow! Mommy! I caught a minnow!" And he wasn't kidding. He caught a minnow, which you can see in his hand if you look closely. It was dead by the time he got it to me, so I'm pretty sure it was dead before he picked it up. But he was excited none-the-less.

No comments: