Monday, November 28, 2011

No pics today

I don't have any pictures today, but still wanted to write a few things down before I forget them. The house is coming along and we are hoping to move in two weeks. So far I have really liked all of the choices we have made and all the colors are coming together nicely. The only things left to like are the carpet and backsplash. I'll post pictures soon.
Second, I had the chance to head down to Kalispell with Mom and two sisters for some black friday shopping. We all got to leave our kids behind (thanks to our amazing husbands) and shop until we dropped! That's not a figure of speech either. We literally did. We got there at 10:00pm and decided to head over to Walmart to catch some of their door crashers. Well, we didn't get to bed until 6:30 the next morning! That was my first all-nighter since college (unless you count all the sleepless nights with my babies). Then we woke up at 9:30 and headed out again! Crazy, I KNOW. But we had fun and I got all my Christmas shopping done, so now December will be stress free... other than the stress of moving and unpacking into a new home. :)

Funny story: When I got home Saturday night, we put the kids to bed and once they were asleep we starting bringing all my purchases in from the van. Brandon and I sat at the kitchen table and one by one I pulled out each of the gifts to show him. I pulled out the very LAST gift and said something along the lines of, "and I bought this one for Luke, but if we feel like we've already spent enough we can just give it to him for his birthday". As I set the gift on the table I heard a little voice coming from the stairs behind me,
"Mommy.... is that for my birthday?"

Awesome

We are now currently looking for a new gift from the man in red.

1 comment:

houseofhud said...

Nice!!! He probably saw ALL his christmas presents!!! That sneaky little kid...

So jealous of the Black Friday shopping. I totaly wanted to go down too but it didn't work out.