Friday, May 4, 2012

Sleep-Overs and Puddle Jumping

This post is much overdue.  I can't believe that last time I updates was March 20th!  I don't really have a good excuse either.  Bryson had his second birthday, which we didn't get any good pictures of.  We mostly took video of him with his cake and presents.  I should have had my Mom take pictures while Brandon ran the video camera, but it's too late now.  
Anyway,  April has been a pretty busy month.  We had my brothers 4 kids come and stay with us for a week while he went on a trip with his wife.  It actually went better than I thought it would.  The kids had tons of fun together and everyone behaved pretty well.  It was a little crazy having 6 kids under the age of 7, but I learned a lot.  I learned that food disappears with that many mouths to feed.  Seriously, every meal I would look at what I prepared and think, "There is no way we are going to eat all of this.  I made WAY to much".  Any within minutes it was gone.  We had pancakes or waffles for breakfast every morning, which the kids thought was great, but the real reason I did it is because who can afford to go through a box of cereal everyday?  

 It was fun to put our new house to the test and see that we could sleep eight if we had to.  Not that that is ever going to happen, but just in case, at least we know it's possible.  These three boys thought it was great sleeping in the same room.  These beds got jumped on A LOT that week.
 
This picture is not from the sleepover.  I actually took it just this week.  I finally finished making Bryson a quilt for his big boy bed so he could move out of his crib.  This was their first night sharing a room.  Well, technically, they haven't REALLY shared a room yet because Bryson won't sleep in it.  He get's all excited every night to sleep with Luke and they spend 1/2 hour talking and playing together in there.  Then when Bryson is tired and ready to sleep he cries to go in his crib.  "I go crib, I go crib".  He won't sleep in for naptime either.  Is this normal?  I have gotten him to fall asleep in there twice now, but both times he woke up and hour later and cried for his crib.  
We had a pretty good rainfall this last week and the boys were able to put their gum boots to good use. Is there anything better than splashing around in the mud?  We learned something about Bryson's boots this day, they have holes in them. When we took them off they were full of mud and water.  I've since thrown them away.  Sadly.  Love those boots.
Notice Bryson's backpack?  He insisted on wearing it.  There isn't anything in it, but he looks cool anyway.

I'm 5 months along now!  Yeah!  Four more to go.  We get to enjoy a summer of freedom and then back to being a little more tied down in September.  I had my ultrasound two weeks ago.  It went well I think.  I didn't hear from my doctor so I guess that means everything looked alright.  We decided not to find out what we are having!  Ahhh!  So hard to wait, but it will be worth it in the end, right?  So far we've had a really hard time coming up with names, which might be in part because we don't know if it's a boy or girl.  I did find a girl name that I'm kind of crazy about, but I don't think Brandon loves it quite as much as I do.  I'm sure we'll have it narrowed down by the time September rolls around.  For now I'm just enjoying the tiny kicks I feel all day, and appreciating the fact that I feel so good.  Don't know how people can stand being pregnant when it makes them sick.  I'm one of the lucky ones who has never thrown up while pregnant.  I count that blessing.

No comments: