People always talk about the things you will miss one day when your kids are grown and you don't have toddlers in the house anymore. The fingerprints, the messes, the pitter patter of little feet across the kitchen floor. I will miss all of those things, but one thing that will always remind me of Bryson is the sound of a stool or chair being pushed across the room. All day long I hear the sliding and I know it's time to find him before whatever it is that he is interested in ends up on the floor. (This week it was a pitcher of orange juice)

A few days ago he decided that he not only needed to be wearing them outside, but inside as well. I should have put a stop to it right away, but hey, it was cute. So I let him wear them around the house all day. When it came to nap time, I took them off, which he was not happy about, but he was more tired than he was upset. As soon as he woke up, he went strait to his boots and put them back on. That night after dinner, it was time for a bath. We headed upstairs, Luke stripped down and jumped in. Bryson however, would NOT take off his boots to get in. After a few unsuccessful minutes of trying to convince him to take them off so I could get his pants and diaper off, I finally pinned him down and pulled them off. Immediately after I finished he jumped up and pulled those boots right back on. He ran to the bathroom and tried to climb in with them on. It was quite a battle and there were a few angry tears. He did NOT understand why he couldn't wear gum boots in the tub!
Well, I finally won and he got in without those boots. I have since hidden them and only pull them out when it is time to go somewhere. I love this stubborn little boy.
This little boy is very tender and loves to give hugs and kisses. He has a smile ready for anyone that will take one and will always run to the arms of anyone new who has entered the room. He has a special place in his heart for Grandma and Grandpa, as well as his cousin, Sadie. In addition to getting attached to people, he also gets very attached to things. For example, a few weeks ago I noticed that his Sunday shirt was getting to small. So the following Sunday I pulled a new one out for him that fit better. After I put it on him Sunday morning, he looked down and realized it was NOT that same shirt he usually wears to church he got quite upset. Hestarted crying and trying to pull off while saying, "Nooooo! Church shirt... church shirt." He is also attached to his blankie and soother, of course, his bunny, his ducky, and his GUM BOOTS! He has a pair of Luke's boots that look like little frogs (which are about 4 sizes too big for him) that he will NOT leave the house without (unless it's sunday, at which time he will ALLOW me to put on his sunday shoes). Here are a few pictures of said boots.
2 comments:
I love it! What a funny boy!
I LOVE those boots too!
Post a Comment