I have to share this cute little story about Bryson before I forget.
So, Luke had his birthday a little over a
week ago and the whole time I was getting things ready for him Bryson kept
asking, “Where’s my presents?
Where’s my cake? What about
my birthday?” It was really hard
for him that ALL the presents at the party were for Luke and none for him. And he doesn’t grasp the concept yet that
his birthday is only a few weeks away.
Well, on Sunday I make a chocolate cake and
decorated it all fancy for Sunday dinner. He was
convinced that it was his birthday cake.
He went around telling everyone that I made him a birthday cake. When it was time to eat it he insisted
that we put candles on it. So we
did and we sang happy birthday, and he blew them out. No presents, just a cake with candles. Well, now he thinks that he is 3. Tonight at dinner I said to him,
“Bryson how about you take 3 more bites since you are almost three.” He looked up at me and said, “MOM, I am
three”.
So, if he thinks his birthday has come and gone, and he was totally happy with the celebrations (or lack thereof), should we still do a party on his actual birthday?
(I will, of course, still do a birthday party for him, but it is tempting...)
No comments:
Post a Comment