Luke took his first steps today! They weren't very big ones, but it was the first time he's even attempted to walk without support. I'm a little bit sad that the crawling stage is almost over. He's getting too big too fast. It's so cute to see him crawling around the house as fast as he can. Once he learns to walk he'll never do it again!
There are two things that Luke LOVES! The toilet and the garbage. I know... good combination. If I leave any toilet seat up in the house, he will find it. He loves to splash in the water. I signed up for a baby and me aquafit class, so I'm trying to feed his love of water. He's going to need it in this family. Also, due to our somewhat small living quarters, our garbage can stays out. It's about 3 feet tall, perfect for a little boy to stand on his tiptoes, take off the lid, and see what's inside. Lately, he's noticed that all day long I am putting things into it. So, being the advanced child that he is :), he goes around looking for things he can put into it too. Yesterday I went to make dinner and noticed that none of the lids to my pots and pans were in the cupboard. My eyes immediately fell upon the heaping garbage bin, and I knew where they were. Sure enough, after sorting through the rubbage (gross, I know) I found all my lids at the bottom. I'm going to have to start making a habit of looking in it before I through things out, just to see what I might find. Crazy kid. You know your a yuppy mom when you think digging through your garbage is the cutest thing ever.
3 comments:
Actually, the fact that Luke loves gross things might sound like the opposite of advanced, but think about it. He has already figured out how to be a typical boy.
Hey Gibbs, this is Jenna (Baldry) and Darin Wight. Saw your blog the other day and it was fun to see how big Luke is getting! We are excited for you guys to make the move to Taber and for Brandon to start at Baldry Sugden! I know my dad is excited to have him.
Darin just got accepted to U of A Law School for this next fall, so we will be following in your guys' footsteps! Maybe Darin will have to visit with Brandon to get some tips for law school!
Our blog is private, so send me your email and I will add you!
(jenna.wight@gmail.com)
Wow, he took steps already!!! I keep forgetting he is a year old. To be honest, I love the walking stage better than the crawling stage, but it is pretty cute to see them motor around like a little puppy! All of sudden they are really not babies anymore when they start walking. I'd love to see some video of the kid starting to walk!!!!!
Post a Comment