We spent the last week in Calgary while Brandon was taking a course as part of his articling year. It was so nice to have family there that we could stay with. It wouldn't have been fun to stay in a hotel for a week. Luke LOVES his Grandma and Grandpa. All week all you could hear throughout the house was "Mamma" and "Bappa". He would watch out the window at night waiting for Grandpa to get home and then followed him around the house wherever he went. It's interesting how he just has a natural love for his Grandparents. I went to Lethbridge with my Mom the other day and everytime we got out of the car and tell him to hold me hand and he'd say, "No, Mamma".
We got to spend Halloween in Calgary this year and it was pretty fun. Here's the best picture I got of Luke in his costume. Sad I know, but he would NOT sit still for more that 2 seconds. This is the little scarecrow costume I made for him. Nothing fancy I know, but not bad for a first. There was a cute little hat that went with it that he REFUSED to wear. Oh well. He still had fun trick-or-treating with his cousin Mylee. He didn't really get that people were putting candy in his bucket. He just thought it was fun to run up to their doors and bang on them. At one house there was a lady with a big popcorn bowl of suckers (He's very familiar with suckers... they've saved me in plenty of grocery stores) and he got really excited about that. When she held the bowl down where he could see into it his eyes got really big and he went, "Oooooooohhhhh"!
The other day I took Luke out in his gum boots to splash in the puddles after it had rained. He thought that was pretty fun. The only problem is that now he thinks he can splash in all puddles, gum boots or not. I changed a few pairs of soaking wet shoes and socks this fall.We had a fun week, but it's also nice to be home. Luke didn't sleep great up there and it's nice to be back in our own beds.
I've been feeling the baby kick a lot more this week so it's starting to become more of a reality everyday. The pushed my due date back 5 days at my ultrasound so instead of today being my 5 month mark, I have to wait until Sunday. But at least everything looked healthy and normal. We're really praying that we finally get that textbook pregnancy this time around. So far so good. We've finally started agreeing on some names, but I'm sure we'll change our minds a hundred more times before March. It sounds so far away, but 4 months goes fast. The baby will be here before we know it.
2 comments:
I love Luke's scarecrow costume. Nice work! Fall always makes me homesick since it doesn't really exist down here. I loved all your fall pictures!
Luke is a mini Brandon in that picture of him in the puddle. He is getting cuter and cuter every day! Thanks for sending me the halloween pictures!
Post a Comment