Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Signs of summer

I've noticed that since I started my blog back in 2008 my number of posts have decreased each year. So, I am determined to do more posts in 2011 than I did in 2010. It's july and I'm on the track if I can keep it up.
Anyhoo... July has been fabulous so far. We are LOVING the heat. It was 35 degrees the other day (95 for you americans) and I ALMOST complained about it. But then I remembered how long and horrible winter can be.
This month started with my participating in my first triathlon with my sister! I have to admit I was so nervous before it started. It's something I've always wanted to do, but been afraid of for some reason. Well, I LOVED it. It's a lot more prep work than a foot race where all you have to do is lace up your shoes, but it was worth it and I'm glad I did it.
We were lucky enough the next week to spend a few days out at the cabin. Brandon had to stay home and work but we are going out again in August so I don't feel as bad.
Would it be a trip to the cabin if we didn't have ichiban for lunch at some point? Ichiban always seems to taste better out there for some reason. Luke is apparently REALLY enjoying it here.
I just can't get enough of this toothy grin. And since being home we've enjoyed some gorgeous days out at the pond. We are finally starting to enjoy some fresh peas from my garden (if you can call it that). Is there anything that says summer more than fresh garden peas?
Bryson apparently was getting more than just peas in his mouth.
Have you ever seen eyes so blue? I have a really GOOD life.

1 comment:

Bekah Parker said...

35 degrees? Seriously? I don't even think we get that cold in the winter. Actually I am pretty sure we don't ever :).