If I were a designer it would be a lot easier to make decisions on my house. I doubt myself and second guess everything I choose. There was an episode on the Nate Bergus show a few months back, that was about following your gut. He had a woman come on the show who was struggling to decorate her home. He showed the same room decorated 3 different ways and had her pick which one felt right at FIRST glance. I have used his advice OVER and OVER again on my house and really tried to trust my instincts that something will look good. Side note: I NEVER watch decorating shows, I'd much rather watch a cooking show, but I HAPPENED to catch the end of this one. I wonder if I started watching more decorating shows I'd start to like to do it? Hmm.....
Anyway, I'm rambling. Point is, I've really tried to follow my initial gut instinct. I am currently trying to decide what color to put in my dining room, and I know what my heart is telling me, but my head is trying to talk me out of it. So, opinions PLEASE!
I am choosing between two colors. I am putting some fairly tall wainscoting in my dining room and this room was my inspiration. In fact, this is the picture I gave to my finisher, so my wainscoting should look exactly like this:
So, the question is, would you go red or blue in your dining room? There are two combinations I'm trying to choose from. Below is the tile we are using, and the off-white trim (also the color of the wainscoting). Which combo would you use?

- OR -



6 comments:
I'm a warm color person so i would go with red, but the honestly the blue would look good also....I think you are right to go with whatever YOU"RE instict tells you. :) good luck! Everything i've seen on your blog so far tells me that your instinct is pretty darn good!
I vote the blue but I just love blue...both would be very nice! By the way I love your house so far. My dad took us out to it one time when we were down! Cant wait to see it all done!
I vote red for sure!!
I vote blue since it creates a calm feeling.
I'd do blue --- mostly because I think it looks more stately and dining-room-esque. I don't know your decorating style really, but I think blue would complement the wainscoting better. Also, I've had mainly red themes throughout my house for years, and I've recently decided to head the blue direction, partly because that seems to be the trend currently (and it goes better with my Polish pottery displayed throughout the house.) Also, I think the blue goes better with the tile selection. Well, you asked for it, so there you go. ; )
Blue has my vote as well!
Post a Comment