Friday, October 3, 2008

Family Pic


We decided to head down to the park a few days ago and get some family pictures taken.  This is one of the better ones.  We went down at about 6:00 and by the time we got everything set up it was already getting really dark, so I had to play around with this one quite a bit to get it bright enough.  I was hoping to get one good enough to send out with a Christmas card this year, but they were so dark I don't know if I can brighten them and still have them look good.  We'll see.  Anyway, we had a really hard time getting Luke to look at the camera.  At least he's looking up in this one.
It seems like Luke is learning to do new things daily now.  He has figured out how to make a "d" sound, so all day long I hear this, "da da da da da"  The cute part is that it actually sounds like he's saying, "Dad dad dad".  Brandon doesn't think so, but I think he can claim Luke's first word.
He is also learning how to get his body to work for him.  He can wiggle his way across the room now,  not a crawl, but more of a dig your face into the carpet and push with your legs.  Yesterday Brandon sat him down in front of one of his toy that is sort of on a stand.  Luke grabbed onto both sides of it and started pulling himself up.  He couldn't get all the way to standing, so he just sort of hung there in mid air.  It was really cute.  Then I tried it with him again this morning, and he stood all the way up by himself!  He can't stay standing alone, but he's learning.  It's is so fun for me to watch him change and grow everyday.  I LOVE being a Mom!

1 comment:

jeffandkim said...

Awe Candice I miss you!!! Will I ever see you again? Love the family pic! You guys look great! And I am so excited too now that I can keep better track of you! Yes, call me we need to catch up!